Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have 3 year old tubes of Acrylic paint, still good to use?

My freshman year, I had to buy acrylic paints for my 2D design class.. we BARELY used them. Now I'm a senior, taking Painting.. can I still use the paints?





They look fine.. but I dont want to go to class and find out they are actually err expired. ha.





I bought them at AC Moore.. 3 years ago.. they say 'Daler-Rowney'... ';System 3'; on them.. guess thats the brand.I have 3 year old tubes of Acrylic paint, still good to use?
if they are not dry than they will be just fine.I have 3 year old tubes of Acrylic paint, still good to use?
Once acrylic paints dry, they turn into a hard plactic. If they are dried in the tubes, they are useless.





You don't want to add oil to acrylic paints; they are water based, therefore water is used to dilute them when painting and also to clean your brushes. Adding oil will taint them.





Beginner acrylic tubes are cheap enough to buy for your class if yours are dried up.
only if they are not dry, if they are dry do not use them. just throw them out for if you add water you will ruin the paint
At an art store, there is an oil you can buy to thin paints. Mix a little bit with your dried paints and it will revive them. Do not use too much are they will change color, becoming thinner or washed out. Experiment before you go to class.
If they're not dry you should be able use them.
I have 7 year old system3. It is fine unless it dried in the bottle..





Do NOT ad ANYTHING to the bottle. Only ad to what you take out if need be.
they should still be usable acrylic paints are water based so if they are a little dry add a little bit of water acrylic paints can last for a long time they may just be diluted too if thats the case mix them up little if the paint is nasty looking and discolored time for new paint =) good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment