Thursday, February 11, 2010

I had acrylic nails put on last week and I hate them. How can I remove them without damaging my real nails?

Your best bet is to go back to the salon and have them removed.I had acrylic nails put on last week and I hate them. How can I remove them without damaging my real nails?
too late


they emery boarded the outer layers so they would stickI had acrylic nails put on last week and I hate them. How can I remove them without damaging my real nails?
This is a long process. First off, try cutting your nails down a little bit before you actually try to take the artificial nails off. Once you cut the excess length off, pour some acetone nail polish remover into a small glass bowl. Place your fingertips into the glass bowl filled with acetone and place a towel over over your hands (this will keep the acetone warmer and will also help with the smell). If you have a reading light that can be moved, use that to heat the towel once you place your fingertips into the bowl of acetone. After the 20-30 minutes is up, use a nail clipper with the pointy ends to take off the acrylic. If the acrylic doesn't come off easily, soak your fingertips again. Repeat until the acrylic comes off and then do the other hand.
soaking them in pure acetone. You are better off going to a nail salon and having them removed. They can use their electric file to buff off the softening acrylic.





It should run about $10 and its worth it.
you can get them taken off by the nail shop that you went to. i believe they only charge 5 dollars. good luck
Its best to grow them out if you can. Try filing them down very short and thin them down, then buff them out with a block buffer and a little cuticle oil.


They are going to look damaged if you remove them, when they ';rough'; up the nail bed with the drill or file to get the product to adhere it thins your natural nail out. If you decide to remove them anyway, be diligent in using a nail strengthener and keep them short for awhile.


Do you possibly hate them because the tech did a set that are too thick or too long? those are things that can be corrected. My acrylics look like natural nails, but I usually have to finish them myself once I get home.


Good Luck.
go to walmart and buy some acetone. it will be in the same isle as the fingernail polish remover. also buy a small bowl that u can throw away. pour the acetone into the bowl and soak ure fingertips in it for about 7-10 minutes. that will release the acrylic to where it will be very easy to get them off.


good luck!
Acetone
Soak your fingers in warm water then put them in acetone and let the nails break down. the warm water really helps the process a bit faster
soak your hands in acetone nail polish remover... but you need to have patience with it.... don't rush it... the key is soak.. it will get soft and then scrape it off with either other nails.... But if the length is too long for you then just file it down or trim.
sorry dear, there is no easy way. I've had the same problem. You are going to have to cut your nails down to the bare. Get pure acetone, soak them for a long time. It will start melting but you will still need to do some physical work to get them off. Don't peel, your real nail will get very brittle and thin, next time just use the glue-on nails!! LOL
soak your fingers in a bowl of nail polish remover until the nails soften and then slowly peel them off.


and then put lotion on your natural nails.








just my opinion.
This is going to be a pain in your butt...





I've had to take off acrylic nails and have soaked my fingers in pure acetone, and they still damaged my nails.





I haven't found a sure fire way to remove them, but I do have some tips:





Work slowly! Make sure you have lots of time and patience! Put the acetone (buy at wal-mart or target) in a small glass bowl. You can't use plastic, because the acetone will eat away at it.


Cut off as much 'extra' nail as you can.


Soak your fingers, a few at a time in the acetone. Use only as much as you need to cover your fingers because the acetone will DRY your skin out!


After several minutes, bend your artifical nails away from your natural ones.


You will notice them starting to peel away %26amp; keep soaking and bending until they come totally off. Don't pull or work too quickly.


After your nails are off, wash your hands well %26amp; use a good moisturizer.


Get some high-quality (like sally hansen) nail polish that's made for people that have removed their artifical nails. If you can't find any at your wal-mart or target store, then get something called ridge-filler and apply it right away.


Keep your natural nails clipped close to your fingers because they will be brittle and will break easily until they start to grow back in with the natural thickness nature intended.





Good luck...





BTW, i LOVE my artifical nails! I don't think I'd be able to function on a daily basis without them! lol But, everyone is different, and I hope all works out for you!





Thanks
go to a drug store and buy PURE ACETONE. Soak your nails in it until the fakes dissolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment