Thursday, February 11, 2010

Does anyone know what to buy to make the acrylic nail stay on?

I do my own nails and they look great but only stay on about 4 days and then come off. I have used a primer before making the nail but that didn't help. When I have a professional do my nails they don't come off, so what should I do? I can't afford to have someone else do my nails. Besides I love to do them myself except the fact they don't stay on!!Does anyone know what to buy to make the acrylic nail stay on?
The key to long lasting nails is proper nail preperation prior to the application of acrylic. It's essential to do the prep work. You cannot simply apply primer and expect the nails to last because they won't. While I don't blame you for wanting to save money doing them yourself - or for whatever reason you do them yourself, but this is one of the reasons why they have schools for becoming a nail technician. So many people incorrectly believe that they can go and get the supplies, or some little kit somewhere, come home, and do great nails. It's not as easy as it looks, and if you are not careful, you may end up doing more harm than good to yourself. How? Well, contact dermatitis is just one way of the ways you can be harmed by this. That comes from overexposure of the skin to the chemicals used in acrylics. Actually, you can develop this condition with overexposure to just about any chemical, but acrylic monomers, primers, and even the polymers are definitely some of those chemicals which can, and often does cause this condition in many people. No, one does not get this overnight - it takes time. The amount of time varies for everyone. And once you have contact dermatitis from a particular chemical, you will always have it. The remedy? To avoid contact with the chemical which causes the allergic reaction. And that means no more acrylic nails - ever. I suggest learning how to do nails the right way before continuing to do them. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but thats just how it is. I did answer your question though. Proper preperation of the nail is a key element in the process of applying acrylic nails. If you skip over this, nails will lift, or 'pop' off in a matter of days, or sooner.


BTW, use primer VERY sparingly. One half ounce bottle is enough to do over 1,000 full sets of nails. If you are soaking your nails with it, you are using way too much. One brushful of primer - after wiping the brush on the side of the bottle to remove the excess, is enough for 7-10 nails. If your nails look 'wet' after applying primer, you are using too much of it.Does anyone know what to buy to make the acrylic nail stay on?
I have this same problem so this isn't an answer, but a ';you're not alone!'; I use a primer/bonder too and it still doesn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment