Sunday, February 7, 2010

I've had acrylic nails for 5 1/2 weeks, now the one on my little finger is coming away, but I can't get it off

I've tried loosening it with a sewing needle, but nothing is working for me and it's really hurting when I get it caught on something. I need some type of solvent but can't think of anything. This stuff is better than super glue!I've had acrylic nails for 5 1/2 weeks, now the one on my little finger is coming away, but I can't get it off
as a licensed nail tech im telling you not to ';loosen'; it with anything. by prying an acrylic nail off, youre going to damage your nail. Now many people will probably try to tell you that just having acrylics are bad for your nails..but its not true.





If you want to take the nail off yourself, go to Sally Beauty Supply, buy a small bottle of pure acetone, and soak just that nail in the acetone. make sure not to spill it on anything or get it on any other nails because it will make the acrylic start to break down and weaken.





You definately need to remove the acrylic if it is lifting because any dirt and dust and water that gets in between the acrylic and your natural nail can cause infection/fungus!!!





Just remember not to pick at it or pop it off...this can rip off your free edge ((the white tip of your natural nail)) and can cause infection.





Good luck hun!I've had acrylic nails for 5 1/2 weeks, now the one on my little finger is coming away, but I can't get it off
Do not try to pry it off. If your finger still hurts, then you may have torn some of your natural nail. If you did, or if the nailbed bled at all after catching it on whatever it was you caught it on, then soaking it in acetone would be a big mistake because it would hurt like crazy. In this case, I would suggest wrapping a bandaid around it to prevent the loose acrylic nail from doing any further damage - and to keep it firmly in place so that your nailbed can heal for a couple of days. Once it has had a chance to heal, I suggest going to a salon and having it repaired, or removed. But, don't let any techs force the nail off. This will cause even more damage to your natural nail, and it will hurt pretty badly too. The only way that acrylic should be removed is by soaking it in acetone.


As far as infection goes, you won't have to worry about it if you keep the area clean, and avoid getting water or other liquids under the nail for a few days until it has been either repaired, or removed.


Good luck!
go to the nail salon theyll take it off.
soak it in 100% acetone nail polish remover. That should take it right off.
soak it in nailpolish remover, that should weaken the acrylic.

No comments:

Post a Comment