Sunday, February 7, 2010

Acrylic nails over bad nails during pregnancy?

I just read a question from someone asking whether it's safe to wear false nails during pregnancy and on the whole it appears to be okay. My problem is that I have two very bad big toe nails which should really be taken off! As the summer is coming up I would like to not have to worry about hiding them all the time and last year I did that with a couple of fake toe nails. I was not sure that it was safe then and ofcourse even less so now that I am 29 wks pregnant.





Does anyone know if I can?Acrylic nails over bad nails during pregnancy?
Rather than getting fake toenails, why not have them treated?


I had a very bad ingrown toenail when I was around 3 months pregnant, and the doctor numbed it and cut it out, no problem. If you're just wanting them cut out so that they can grow back more healthy (it doesn't hurt as much as you'd think- I've had my entire big-toe nail removed before) then it is still an option, even though you're pregnant.


It couldn't hurt to see a podiatrist and see what he has to say.


And if that's not an option, so far as I've ever been told, it's not unhealthy to get acrylic toenails. But- the one thing I did hear is that inhaling the strong smell inside the salon isn't the best thing for the baby, so if you do, try to go to one that's well ventilated and be sure to get plenty of fresh air in between.


Hope that helps!Acrylic nails over bad nails during pregnancy?
Wearing acrylic doesn't effect your pregnancy, its breathing the acrylic and nail dust from when the nail tech files your nails and acrylic that is unsafe---wear a doctor's mask when getting your nails done to prevent breathing the fumes and nail debris.
I'm pretty sure they're safe but if I were you I wouldn't have false nails on your fingers when your nearly due - you could pull some poor midwifes eye out! The toe ones should be fine though - go to your local salon and ask their advice.
if i remember rightly, my sister had gammy toe nails n when she was pregnant the docs told her just to put a layer of strengthening nail varnish on them 1st. the nails wont stick as long, and it may sting puttin the varnish on, but babes, its wont hurts anywhere near as much as the glue wuld!!





did u kno u can get fake toe nails perminatly inserted into ur toes? i got one on my lil toe as i was born minus a toe nail! weird...oh well. hope this helped!
I have no idea at all but I would like to tell you about a friend of mine. She had two really bad thumb nails, really awful and she thought they would have to be taken off or something really serious done about them. She saw the District Nurse who told her to put Vick VapoRub on them three times a day. A bit tricky but it has worked.





I have two nasty looking nails on my toes and at the moment I am putting Vick on them. They are improving, not so dramatically as my friend because I keep forgetting (not putting it on 3 times a day) but it is working slowly.





Why on earth this works I have no idea, some kind of ingredient?





I would say, leave off the fake nails, open shoes to let the air get to them and smother them in Vick 3 times a day. Try it, it cannot do any harm. I would love to know if it works for you. As I say, it is working for me. Also take advice on a good diet to help, both you and the baby. Lots of luck.
if your asking if it is okay to get fake toenails and wear them during your pregancy yes that is fine i would check with your doctor about the bad toe nail if they r infected you might need to check with your doctor about those. good luck and congrads on the baby

No comments:

Post a Comment