Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is it bad for a pregnant women to get acrylic nails?

Yeah, having acrylic nails applied means sitting in a salon for a long period of time... You will be breathing in chemical fumes from the acrylic and nail polish as well as everything else being used inside the salon. The oxygen you take in goes through your blood stream and into your baby; all the fumes are bad for them!Is it bad for a pregnant women to get acrylic nails?
i cant imagine sitting in those places with the toxic fumes could be good. but lots of women do it.Is it bad for a pregnant women to get acrylic nails?
I've never heard that one. It is a strong chemical so I would try to research it. Good luck!
not at all, i've done it with all 4 pregnancies and have very healthy happy children
yes it is bad. because if u sit there for a really long time u can have pain. also breathing in all tht acrylic chemicals may cause sickness to u and ur baby.
i got my nails done when i was pregnant and so did my best friends mother. You have to wear a mask, so you do not breath in any of the acrylic.





www.enotalone.com/article/5943.html





pregnancy do's and dont's








THERE ARE NO STUDIES THAT STATES IT IS BAD.
You could have them come to your house and do it instead of sitting in the salon. They used to say nail varnish was bad for the feutus, I'm not sure if they still say that. Its something different practically every week anyways from what I remember.
why dont you just skip them for a few months. it cant be that bad. those fumes are not good for you. they stink and can make you sick. would you sit around someone who smokes for 2 to 3 hrs?
It's not bad to get the nails, but the fumes are bad. Make sure you wear a mask, like the ones the nail techs use, doing each visit. If you can still smell the fumes with this on, you may want to stop going to get your nails done.
I believe so. I wouldn't do it and especially in the first trimester it sounds like a bad idea. The products they use contain carcinogens, proven to cause birth defects. I wouldn't even want to be in a nail salon during my pregnancy.
I don't think there is any scientific evidence to back up the fact that it could harm the fetus. (I wouldn't during the 1st trimester.)


However, I will mention that they are almost impossible to have with a newborn baby. And, if you get them and have them taken off when the baby gets here... remember, the lines take a while to grow out.
  • skin bleaching
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment