Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My natural nails are short. Will acrylic nails work?

I'm looking to get acrylic nails or other artificials. My nails are short and don't reach the end of my fingers. The shortest of them are almost 1/4 of an inch away from the ends of my fingers; most of them are slightly longer.





Would getting acrylic (or gel?) work?





Which would be better?





Thanks!My natural nails are short. Will acrylic nails work?
No, because acrylic nails will only damage them. To cover your nails, you would have to keep getting acrylics or have nasty Frankenstein-looking hands. Long acrylics don't look very professional anyway. You're better off with a light-colored manicure. Short nails are in fashion now anyway.My natural nails are short. Will acrylic nails work?
yep, it will work
go to a nail salon, they'll hook you up.
absolutely not. acrylic or gel nails (all fake nails in general, really) will ruin your real nails. they'll grow by themselves, just give them time. but if you put fake nails on them, they'll thin out and become brittle, and even when they grow long underneath the fake ones, as soon as the fake ones come off, your real names will start breaking.
If you're asking if they'll stick..Yes. My manicurist clips mine very short before putting on my acrylics. You'll have to keep them up, though..otherwise they're just going to look tacky when they start breaking off and whatnot. I pay $30 for the full set, then $16 for fill-ins every two weeks. I have them taken completely off then start new every 3 months.





Don't keep them long. They look tacky. I keep mine no longer than 3/4'; Short nails are in now, look better and are easier to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment