Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is there a certain marker that works good or better than any other on acrylic paint??

im doin a painting but i want to draw on the painting.. is there a certain type of marker that can be used that will work good on it..


sharpies dont work all that well i need another type of markerIs there a certain marker that works good or better than any other on acrylic paint??
Hey,


My main medium is photography but I do a lot of extra work on them and I also do some specialized acrylic paintings. Here are a few items to try.





A company named ';Art Performance'; makes pen called a dual brush. It comes in all colors and has two ends, one that is really fine point and the other is soft like a paint brush.





Prang makes a pen called a Brush Pen that has a soft, paint brush tip that comes in metallic and non metallic. I think it is also Prang that makes a white blending pen but I can remember. You can't miss it. It has a black barrel with white writing and a white lid. It is opaque but can be wiped away and becomes translucent allowing the colors below to show through.


Zig makes great paint pens in all sizes and has metallics and regular.


I was really into water color pencils for a while but have discovered these water color crayons made by Lyra. They are great.





Hope this helps.


cIs there a certain marker that works good or better than any other on acrylic paint??
hmm a fabric marker or a craft marker.
Artline Paint Marker. You could try oil pastels or oil paint sticks too depending on the effect you are after.
I use mostly latex house paint and I also ran into the same problem. Especially if the paint has any sheen most inks will rub right off. I have found that paint pens work best. Sharpie actually has a paint pen and there are tons of other brands to choose from at any art store and they all work for me.





Sometimes I still have to go in after with a very fine brush and paint over the paint pen to get the ink dark enough. (Or you can draw in chalk and then paint over that.) The more you practice the more you will figure out what you like best. Trial and error is the best way.
Try other permanent markers, nothing water-based. I'm surprised to hear that Sharpies don't mark it. You may have to use a tiny paint brush and paint of the color you want instead of ink. Also, try permanent inks in bottles with your paint brush.
Hi,





I don't know what kind of work you want to do.


I understand it's about detail, but I don't know if it's something simple as a line or a curva or a more complex thing as a signature.


Now, I guess it's Michaels that has a kind of a pen that has a small deposit. The design reminds of a small airbrush.


Another thing you can try is to use that thing that is used to draw with chinese (I guess it's callled India's ink there ?) ink.


I don't know the name in english but it's usually attached to a compass.


I 'm adding this image to better explain :


http://www.compactor.com.br/compassos/ti鈥?/a>





Best regards,





Jos茅

No comments:

Post a Comment