Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm looking for a durable acrylic pocket magnifier for my survival kit. Any suggestions?

Is there a minimum magnification level you need to start a fire? I don't want glass because it might break.





I already have 2 other fire starting tools: A ';Strike Force'; http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival/s鈥?/a> and a regular Bic lighter.





I figure the more options I give myself, the better.I'm looking for a durable acrylic pocket magnifier for my survival kit. Any suggestions?
I carry a fresnel lens - the flat, flexible sheet that is carved up to magnify. These are virtually indestructible and available all over the place. Office supply stores carry various sizes as baby boomers get older and their eyes start to go.





I carry one in my wallet, very similar to the one in the link below. These also were the lens on the ';night owl'; magnifier and led light that was hawked on tv a few years back. I have one in stuck in the visor of my car for reading maps at night.





I also strongly endorse the silva compass answer above. A silva compass is a great piece of gear and well worth carrying - very durable. I'm in my 50's and still use the one I carried as a kidI'm looking for a durable acrylic pocket magnifier for my survival kit. Any suggestions?
The magnifying lens on a Silva Ranger compass should do the trick and as we all know that compass is basically indestructible
  • skin bleaching
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment