Friday, February 5, 2010

I have a CF hood that I am clearing. I am using acrylic clear. Do I need adhesive promoter?

Last time I used acrylic it dried rough and it wasnt smooth. the only clear I can find is acrylic. It could have been too hot and I might have not sprayed enough/too far away. Should I use adhesive promoter or what should I use?I have a CF hood that I am clearing. I am using acrylic clear. Do I need adhesive promoter?
I'm assuming you are painting over a painted surface already coated with a urethane so yes, use an adhesion promoter because polyurethane coatings have terrible recoat properties. Pick an adhesion promoter that is recommended by the manufacturer of the paint you are using. Also, remember to paint in a low humidity environment.





If you really want it to look good, take it to a paint shop like maaco or something and have them spray it with a clear coat of polyurethane. Acrylic lacquer like what you're about to use will disintegrate (cracks, yellowing, etc...) in a comparatively short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment