Friday, February 5, 2010

Does anyone know the effect of saltwater (ocean water) on gel or acrylic nails? I'm going on vacation soon...

I have a vacation to a warm destination coming up and I heard from someone who swam in the ocean, that fake nails turn orange or green ..or something. I realize that in genera, water and bacteria can get underneath when nails have been on too long and not properly maintained. These nails are being professionally done at the salon..Thx!Does anyone know the effect of saltwater (ocean water) on gel or acrylic nails? I'm going on vacation soon...
I had acrylic nails put on the day before my wedding, and days later spent a week in the bahamas in the ocean snorkeling and laying out. I never had any discoloration or deterioration from the saltwater. I would try to keep them out of the water as much as is possible, but you need not worry too much. If they are put on well by a reputable nail tech you should have nothing to worry about!!Does anyone know the effect of saltwater (ocean water) on gel or acrylic nails? I'm going on vacation soon...
It gets them wet...
dont get them done before ur vacation. u should wait until u get back
Gel nails tend to be more pricey, however they react better sunlight etc. They don't turn yellow. Acrylic nails have a better chance of turning yellow due to sun exposure..remember that!





I don't really know much about the effects of salt water, but I do know that acrylic will break down over time.
Nothing will happen 2 ure nails!! So don't worry!!
Salt water has healing properties so I don't think that it would ruin your nails. Just try to sanatize and wash them right after you leave the beach to get the excess sand from underneath them.
it will not have any effect on your nail in any way shape or form.. if your nails are lifting or have air pockets in them, then yes they may discolour only if you dont clean your hands and always wear dark nail polish(meaning you never take it off). get it done, Your Nails Will look Smashing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment