Friday, February 5, 2010

Acrylic textile paint medium and primer?

I want to paint my Chucks, so I bought acrylic textile medium to mix with my acrylic paints.





My question is...can I still prime my Chucks with white? If so (and I'm assuming I'll be using the textile medium with the white paint), do I still mix textile medium into the paint I'll be using over the primed area?





Thanks guys!Acrylic textile paint medium and primer?
If you are going to prime the Chucks, try a small piece of fabric, say, the hem, so you can see if it becomes stiff, the thing you are using the textile medium to avoid. If so, then you need to try mixing the textile medium with titanium white instead of a primer. But the textile medium also thins the paint, so you may have to choose between a great design that's stiff, or a more flexible design that is not as easy to see.Acrylic textile paint medium and primer?
Chucks


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converse_Sh…


http://lilithlotr.ejwsites.net/articles/…





acrylic textile medium


http://www.dickblick.com/zz012/30/


you could to help keep flexible and washable as well, if just for logo, make be ok as is, but if doing folding areas of shoe, if to heavy or thick, may crack, either way, have fun,☺


..
i've painted mant of minw %26amp; friends chucks over the years %26amp; the direction I've taken is stencils %26amp; aerosol . the good old spray can %26amp; no primer , although i did do a couple eyeballs %26amp; on those i used my regular acrylics from the tube . have fun ! tp. mullin
  • skin bleaching
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment